COMMUNICATION IN THE WORKPLACE
Treating others as you want to be treated isn’t necessarily the best practice when it comes to communication styles, as it assumes everyone is just like you. Whether your team are seasoned professionals, or just starting in their career, knowing their communication style and those around them is imperative to creating and building prosperous business relationships. It is critical to play to each style’s strengths when giving or receiving feedback, as well as having difficult conversations.
In this workshop, we dive deep into the four communication styles of Emotive, Directive, Reflective and Support and guide participants through how to best flex their style and work with others with varying communication styles. This workshop also provides practical models on learning, practicing and giving feedback, and engaging in difficult conversations.
- What is effective communication?
- What role does emotional intelligence play in communication?
- Why is it critical in leadership?
Communication in the Workplace
- Learning the four communication styles and flexing your style
- Understanding the types of feedback and practice giving and receiving feedback
- Mastering difficult conversation principles and applying the difficult conversation model
Action Planning & Reflection
- Communication goals
Learn the keys to giving and receiving feedback and practice giving both praising and corrective feedback.
Grasp the difficult conversation model, understand how to prepare for, and practice engaging in, a challenging conversation.