TWO DAY RETREAT
Our Two Day Retreat is an excellent program to get your team talking, learning and building individually and collectively as a group. This program builds in everything outlined in our single-day program while diving deeper into how participants can build their emotional intelligence while recognizing the individual and organizational impacts of their emotional intelligence.
This program starts with an EQ assessment to determine their individual strengths and development opportunities. We use the EQ-i 2.0® which is a self-report assessment tool that is based on the 15 competencies of the Emotional Quotient Inventory (hence, EQ-i®).
Not only does the EQ-i 2.0® score participants total EQ, but it also scores them on each of the 15 competencies, highlighting strengths and potential for improvement. After completing their assessment, participants will receive a one-hour debrief of their results via phone or video conference with a certified EQ expert.
Following the EQ Assessment, leaders will participate in a Two Day Retreat focused on learning to lead with emotional intelligence. This program is broken down into four modules:
Leadership Implications of EQ Competencies
Module one will introduce emotional intelligence and analyze the impact EQ strengths and development areas can have on the organization. Participants will gain an understanding of emotional intelligence, its benefits, and how it plays a role in leadership effectiveness. Leaders will also be introduced to the dark side of emotional intelligence and learn how to recognize how a high EQ might not always be a good thing. This session will also dive deep into the strengths and development opportunities of each individual as well as the leadership team as a whole, and address the organizational implications of these results.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the EQ model and the five composite scales within it.
- Understand the benefits of emotional intelligence and how it plays a role in leadership effectiveness.
- Recognize the implications of the dark side of emotional intelligence.
PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING CHANGE
Module two will dive further into the emotional intelligence competencies and provide an opportunity for participants to play the role of competency advisor. The group will analyze and discuss ways to improve upon these competencies while leveraging their strengths.
The learning will be framed around embracing the change required to integrate emotional intelligence into their personal and professional effectiveness. The team will learn how to plan and implement change, as well as set up a detailed action plan for success.
- Gain a strong knowledge of the 15 EQ-i competencies and the competency advisors within the team.
- Explore and understand the stages of change.
- Generate an action plan for EQ development based on the participant’s development areas, as well as those acknowledged on a team level.
ENHANCING YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Module three concentrates on investigating the suggestions of the competency advisors in part two and integrating those suggestions into actionable takeaways for participants to implement immediately in their lives. This session will emphasize how the attendees can enhance each of the 15 emotional intelligence competencies. Leaders will gain an understanding of the importance of enhancing their emotional intelligence to better balance their overall professional capabilities.
- Walk away with practical tools for enhancing each of the 15 emotional intelligence competencies.
- Recognize the importance of continuing to enhance strengths as well as development areas to be a more influential leader.
- Gain awareness of the importance of balancing emotional intelligence levels.
LEADERSHIP APPLICATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL INTEGRATION
Module four accentuates how participants can apply what they have learned, and integrate this learning into the organization. During this module, participants will discover how their developed emotional intelligence pertains to them as professionals and how they can begin to apply it to enhance their leadership capabilities.
Discussions will highlight the learnings of the program and begin to develop ways for the group to integrate the learning into the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Understand and apply emotional intelligence into the participant’s leadership style.
- Build awareness on how to leverage EQ strengths to be a more effective teammate, manager and leader.
- Investigate how EQ plays a role within the strategic objectives of the organization and understand the implications this will have on teams.
VP of Sales and Business Development, Chewter’s Chocolates
“Our management team participated in EI training and the experience was highly rewarding and enlightening. The sessions have given me the tools on how to improve my interactions with others (“working my EI muscles”). I find myself much more aware of how I engage with others, but most importantly, with those closest to me. Still a work in progress but making great strides.”