BUILDING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Professionals with high emotional intelligence have exceptional self-awareness, better control of their actions, and empathy for others. An increased level of emotional intelligence can also help individuals manage stress better, build healthier relationships, and be more successful in work and life. These qualities are all vital elements of effective leadership.
Emotional intelligence is the magnetic attraction that captures everyone’s attention and moves teams forward. Communicators and motivators are the drivers that take groups to the next level, and your leaders must have these soft skills to successfully elevate your business.
Building emotional intelligence in leadership cannot be undervalued when supporting the growth of your teams. Focusing on EQ over IQ can give your organization a competitive edge regardless of industry. The good news is that emotional intelligence can be learned, developed, and enhanced. Incorporating EI into your leaders’ repertoire will take your organization to new heights, and this Building Emotional Intelligence workshop will start your team on the right track.
INTRODUCTION to building emotional intelligence
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Individual EI development opportunities
- Qualities of a great leader
EQ-I 2.0 MODEL
- Self Perception: self Regard, self-actualization & emotional self-Awareness
- Self Expression: emotional expression, assertiveness & independence
- Interpersonal: interpersonal relationships, empathy & social responsibility
- Decision Making: problem-solving, reality testing & impulse control
- Stress Management: flexibility, stress tolerance & optimism
ACTION PLANNING & REFLECTION
- EQ development SMART goals
Discover what emotional intelligence is and why it is critical to leadership.
Learn about the EQ-i 2.0 model and explore its five composite scales and determine how the 15 EI competencies impact workplace effectiveness.
Gain a basic awareness of the emotional quotient or “EQ” and generate a plan for self-development.