Our Virtual Retreat has been developed to identify the EQ strengths and development opportunities of your team while providing a learning platform for a remote workforce. Your workers will gain a deeper understanding of how their emotions impact their workplace behaviours and those of their peers, bringing the whole team closer together emotionally while geographically apart. Scroll down to read more!
Our Virtual Retreat is a comprehensive emotional intelligence program built for remote learning. Participants will engage in an EQ Assessment and debrief followed by four x 90-minute webinar sessions.
The EQ assessment is used to determine one’s individual strengths and development opportunities. We use the EQ-i 2.0® which is a self-report assessment tool that is based on the 15 competencies of the Emotional Quotient Inventory (hence, EQ-i®).
Not only does the EQ-i 2.0® score participants total EQ, but it also scores them on each of the 15 competencies, highlighting strengths and potential for improvement. After completing their assessment, participants will receive a one-hour debrief of their results via phone or video conference with a certified EQ expert.
Following the EQ Assessment, leaders will participate in four virtual sessions:
INTRODUCING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
This first session of this virtual retreat will provide participants will a foundational understanding of emotional intelligence, the EQ-i 2.0 model and the competencies within it. Participants will focus on each of the five composite scales of self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal, decision making, and stress management and recognize how each plays a role in leadership effectiveness.
- Identify what emotional intelligence is, its benefits, and why it is critical to leadership development
- Build a foundational understanding of the EQ-i 2.0 model, the 5 composite scales and the 15 competencies within the model
- Recognize how each composite scale impacts one’s ability to effectively lead and support their teams
BOOSTING YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
The second session focuses on relating individual EQ strengths and development opportunities and understanding how it impacts one’s personal and professional life. Participants will act as competency advisors to their peers and recommend tactics to improve each competency. In addition, leaders will explore the dark side of emotional intelligence and recognize when levels of EQ are too high, it can be a bad thing.
- Identify how individual strengths and development opportunities show up in the workplace
- Discover the dark side of emotional intelligence and the importance of balancing your EQ
- Determine competency advisors within the team and establish techniques to enhance each composite scale of the EQ-i 2.0® model.
APPLYING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TO YOUR LEADERSHIP
This session dives deep into enhancing one’s emotional intelligence and applying it directly to one’s leadership. Participants will focus on building awareness on what factors impede their ability to lead their teams while identifying personal emotional triggers and stressors.
- Gain improved awareness of triggers and increase one’s ability to name and label the emotional response
- Expand the capacity of perspective-taking and recognizing the needs and goals of those one leads
- Improve one’s ability to make decisions under emotional distress and recognize the physical cues that lead to poor problem solving
SETTING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE GOALS
This final session in the virtual retreat sets participants up with everything they need to continue to commit to their EQ development journey. Leaders will learn about the importance of goal setting and how to effectively change behaviours. Each person will have time to complete an emotional intelligence development plan and commit to an accountability partner to support their growth.
- Discover the importance of goal setting and build a foundational understanding of how to set clear, concise goals
- Learn about the stages of change and its relevance in changing behaviours
- Generate a personal emotional intelligence development plan to improve development opportunities and leverage strengths
President & CEO, BC Maritime Employers Association
“I would describe EQ like a journey of two paths that converge. On the first path – you get a front-row seat to learn all about you, your environment and how the two interact. On the second path – you gain insight and context around how those interactions come to be. Realizing, understanding and accepting the foregoing reveals a path forward for change and growth. The journey is highly challenging but equally rewarding.”